Sunday, February 2, 2014

Finding Ireland in Dubai

Being Irish living in Dubai, one tends to miss the lush green and a little bit of rain. But, I have discovered my own little piece of Ireland in the magnificent surroundings of Safa Park. It is Dubai’s answer to Central Park. This park offers you everything. At the week end, it is full of hustle and bustle. You can hear none stop laughter of people enjoying the sunshine to the full. Dubai is truly magnificent at this time of the year. The temperature is just right and every now and then we get a few showers. When I’m walking in these showers, I really feel back at home.
The flea market and the organic food market in the park are a must at the week-end. Bring plenty of cash because you are going to spend it.
During the week, the park is the most peaceful haven. This is when I go for my daily walk around the park and meet people from all nationalities and walks of life. I do have one complaint; my adorable woof woof Maximus is not allowed. I do understand this as I can honestly say that Dubai is the cleanest city I have ever lived in. and I lived in many of them.

I discover new things about this huge park every day. It is a wonder how they keep the park this green. I truly have found my piece of Ireland. Who knows, I may end up singing Jazz in the Park.


No comments:

Post a Comment